For windows 2003 cluster, check my old tutorial on following link.
Windows 2008 R2 Cluster Requirements:
1. Two Systems with Same Hardware Configuration.
2. Two Network Card
3. Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition on both systems with same patch level.
4. Active Directory
5. Shared Storage( SAN or iSCSI)
6. Both servers should be the member of same domain.
7. We need a normal domain user id which will be the member of local administrators group on both servers.
1. We used Microsoft iSCSI Target on one of our Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise 64 Bit server. We had 400 GB free space on that server, so we download (following link) install Microsoft iSCSI Target.
2. We also installed Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise server on two virtual systems on VMWare ESXi Server.
3. Added Failover cluster features and enabled iSCSI Initiator on both virtual servers.
After installing we added virtual disk on MS iSCSI Target.
We will add target after configure the same on cluster node.
To Enabling iSCSI Initiator on Cluster Node.
We have to register the service to windows firewall for communicating with iSCSI target server.
We have to enable the Multi Path for cluster environment.
Here we have to select the dedicated network adapter for iSCSI connectivity. Have to do the same on both server.
Have to set Volume Auto configuration for all assigned disk.
Here we have to make the disk online & initialize the disk.
On MS iSCSI Target system, allocated disks.
Adding Failover cluster features on both cluster nodes.
Before we start creating cluster, have to validate the cluster configuration by using validation wizard.
Now we can start creating cluster.
First Node configured.
Second node added successfully.
We selecting first disk for our Quorum
confirm the configuration and click next.
Configuring cluster heart beat network by removing the Allow clients to connect through this network
Here we adding additional disk to cluster after assign a disk from MS iSCSI Target.
For testing we are creating file server on cluster.
Adding name of the cluster service and adding IP Address for the same.
Confirm the configuration and click next.
Service configured successfully.
All configurations complete.